The River Canyon Total Return Bond Fund is a credit-oriented mutual fund that seeks to maximize total return via income and capital appreciation.
The management team employs a bottom-up credit selection process with a top-down overlay and aims to identify securities that exhibit upside optionality with downside protection. The fund does not seek market-directional risks and instead focuses on selecting securities with a likelihood of outperformance across a wide range of macroeconomic and market scenarios. This strategy is designed to provide investors with exposure to a sector that has historically low correlation to traditional asset classes.
Currently, the fund has a bias toward higher quality, more liquid securities amidst the backdrop of increasing market volatility and relatively low additional return per additional unit of risk.
The investment team relies upon its specialized knowledge and experience to navigate credit and interest rate cycles. Investable sectors include:
- Agency & Non-Agency Residential Mortgage-Backed Securities (RMBS)
- Agency Collateralized Mortgage Obligations (CMOs)
- Commercial Mortgage-Backed Securities (CMBS)
- Collateralized Loan Obligations (CLOs)
- Re-Performing Loans (RPLs) / Non-Performing Loans (NPLs)
- Asset-Backed Securities (ABS) – Auto, Aircraft, Credit Card, Student Loans, etc.
- Corporate Debt